Sun, 19 Feb|
SUNDAY SOUNDWAVES SOUND BATH - NITON
Join me for a chilled and relaxing Sunday Soundwaves Sound Bath to help you restore and revive for the week ahead. Advance booking essential.
Time & Location
19 Feb 2023, 15:00 – 16:00 GMT
Niton, Village Hall, High St, Niton, Ventnor PO38 2AT, UK
About the Event
I'm so excited to be offering this Sound Bath at this lovely location!
Join me for a chilled and relaxing Sunday Soundwaves Sound Bath to help you restore and revive for the week ahead.
WHAT IS A SOUND BATH?
A Sound Bath - or Sound Journey - is a deeply immersive, full-body listening experience that intentionally uses Sound Waves to invite gentle yet powerful therapeutic and restorative processes to rebalance your body and mind.
Participants are invited to lie down in, a comfortable position, with blankets and supporting props (mats, pillows, bolsters, eye masks etc). After a few minutes of guided relaxation, the remainder of the experience is filled with different sounds and frequencies being introduced in succession. The sounds are created by a variety of overtone-emitting instruments including Singing Bowls, Crystal Bowls, Drum, Gongs, Chimes, Rainstick and Voice.
The Sounds produced will enable brain waves to slow and deepen into Alpha & Theta relaxation states or even Delta Dream-like state. There is Rest in stillness and silence, at the end of the session, to allow the body to fully absorb and integrate the Sound and its therapeutic work.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Many participants just ‘drift off’ during a Sound Bath. It’s really important to bring enough mats / blankets / pillows / masks to ensure maximum comfort,, in order to fully surrender to a relaxed state. Previous participants have reported feeling a dreamlike state and, in some cases, experiencing beautiful visions!
In terms of the Sounds themselves, most people would recognise the ring of a Metal Singing Bowl; these are used to bring participants into the space and into their bodies. The Crystal Bowls have an abstract sound which can feel both ethereal and intense dependant on the recipient. Gongs are used to bring participants into a deeper state of relaxation and into deeper bran wave activity. Again, the sounds of the gong can be abstract and sometimes intense. It is helpful to note that if a participant feels that the sound is challenging or intense, it is most likely facilitating much needed energy shifts or rebalancing!
It is always helpful and nourishing to honour oneself with TIME. The simple act of taking time out can be beneficial in itself.
Many participants report some / all of the following:
- Deep sense of relaxation
- A shift of ‘stuck’ energy
- A physical / mental release of tension
- Increased focus and clarity
- Improved quality of sleep
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Blankets - as many as you can carry! Sleeping Bags also work well!
- Pillows / Bolsters - for under the Head & Knees
- Yoga Mat or Bed Roll to lie on
- Eye Mask / Eye Pillow / Scarf to cover the eyes
- Warm, comfy layers of clothing
As a precaution, it is not recommended that you take part in a Sound Healing session in the following situations:
- When you are in the first 3 months of pregnancy
- If you have epilepsy, experience seizures or episodes.
- If you have UNMANAGED mental health issues. Including, but not limited to: bi-polar, schizophrenia, PTSD, complex trauma, borderline personality disorder, or harmful thoughts towards yourself or others. (General stress, anxiety, depression are OK).
- If you are intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs.
In the following cases you may wish to speak with me before the event:
- If you have metal plates or implants in your body. If you have had recent surgery, broken bones or other major physical injuries.
- If you have a pacemaker fitted or have a heart condition.
- If you suffer from (or previously suffered from) tinnitus, or other conditions that could be triggered by sound.
I look forward to sharing the power and nourishment of Sound with you.