Fri, 26 May|
Bembridge Youth & Community Centre
FRIDAY WIND-DOWN SOUND BATH - BEMBRIDGE - MAY
Join me for a chilled and relaxing Friday Wind-Down Sound Bath to help you relax after your week. Advance booking essential.
Time & Location
26 May 2023, 19:30 – 20:30 BST
Bembridge Youth & Community Centre, Steyne Rd, Bembridge PO35 5SL, UK
About the Event
I'm so excited to be offering this Sound Bath at this lovely location in beautiful Bembridge!
Join me for a chilled and relaxing Friday Wind-Down Sound Bath to help you relax after your week.
WHAT IS A SOUND BATH?
A Sound Bath - or Sound Journey - is a deeply immersive, full-body listening experience that intentionally uses Sound Waves to invite gentle yet powerful therapeutic and restorative processes to rebalance your body and mind.
Participants are invited to lie down in a comfortable position, with blankets and supporting props (mats, pillows, bolsters, eye masks etc). A seated position also works. After a few minutes of guided relaxation, the remainder of the experience is filled with different sounds and frequencies being introduced in succession. The sounds are created by a variety of overtone-emitting instruments including Singing Bowls, Crystal Bowls, Drum, Gongs, Chimes, Rainstick and Voice.
The Sounds produced will enable brain waves to transcend from their normal waking state of BETA to slow and deepen into the relaxed state of ALPHA, through to the dream state of THETA and some participants may even move through into the restorative state of DELTA. There is Rest in stillness and silence, at the end of the session, to allow the body to fully absorb and integrate the Sound and its therapeutic work.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Many participants just ‘drift off’ during a Sound Bath. It’s important to bring enough mats / blankets / pillows / masks to ensure maximum comfort, in order to fully surrender to a relaxed state. Previous participants have reported feeling a dreamlike state and, in some cases, experiencing beautiful visions!
In terms of the Sounds themselves, most people would recognise the ring of a Metal Singing Bowl; these are used to bring participants into the space and into their bodies. The Crystal Bowls have an abstract sound which can feel both ethereal and intense dependant on the recipient. Gongs are used to bring participants into a deeper state of relaxation and into deeper bran wave activity. Again, the sounds of the gong can be abstract and sometimes intense. It is helpful to note that if a participant feels that the sound is challenging or intense, it is most likely facilitating much needed energy shifts or rebalancing!
Sound therapy is wonderfully passive; no experience needed – all you need to do is turn up, get comfy and relax
It is always helpful and nourishing to honour oneself with TIME. The simple act of taking time out can be beneficial in itself.
Many participants report some / all of the following:
- Deep sense of relaxation
- A shift of ‘stuck’ energy
- A physical / mental release of tension
- Calming and quietening of the mind
- Increased focus and clarity
- Improved quality of sleep
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Blankets - as many as you can carry! Sleeping Bags also work well.
- 2 x Pillows / Bolsters – One for under the Head & one for under the Knees
- Yoga Mat or Bed Roll to lie on
- Eye Mask / Eye Pillow / Scarf to cover the eyes
- Warm, comfy layers of clothing
ON THE DAY
Please ensure that you arrive at least 10 minutes before the start in order to Sign In and get comfortable. I will be closing the doors promptly at the Event start time with no further admissions.
Only tickets bought in advance via my Website will be accepted – if you pass your ticket to another person, please contact me prior to the event.
No late admissions.
Sound Baths are suitable for ages 14+.
As a precaution, it is not recommended that you take part in a Sound Healing session in the following situations:
- When you are in the first 3 months of pregnancy
- If you have epilepsy, experience seizures or episodes.
- If you have UNMANAGED mental health issues. Including, but not limited to: bi-polar, schizophrenia, PTSD, complex trauma, borderline personality disorder, or harmful thoughts towards yourself or others. (General stress, anxiety, depression are OK).
- If you are intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs.
In the following cases you may wish to speak with me before the event:
- If you have metal plates or implants in your body. If you have had recent surgery, broken bones or other major physical injuries.
- If you have a pacemaker fitted or have a heart condition.
- If you suffer from (or previously suffered from) tinnitus, or other conditions that could be triggered by sound
I look forward to sharing the power and nourishment of Sound with you.
Photo Credit: My friend and amazing Artist based in Bembridge - @charlottehodgethomasart
- Ticket type
SOUND BATH - BEMBRIDGE - MAYPrice£12.00Sale ended